there is a logic to the order
- Identify: we spend about 16% of our total budget each month on dining out
- Justify: we have a busy schedule, and so it just makes sense for us to eat out more often
- Identify: 3% of my gross income goes into my 401k at work
- Justify: my company matches contributions up to 3%, so that's what I do
- Identify: Currently, I spend $95 a month for smartphone service out of a total budget of $1875
- Justify: I work a lot away from my office and need a great smartphone plan
how to begin?
I recommend starting with no more than four to six categories and putting every line item into one or another.
That's where you start!